Softphone, a virtual phone for calling through computer and internet
A Softphone is a software program for making telephone calls over the Internet using a general purpose computer, rather than using dedicated hardware. The Softphone can also be installed on a piece of equipment such as a workstation, portable computer, tablet or even a cell phone and allows the user to place and receive calls without requiring an actual telephone set.
Often a Softphone is designed to behave like a traditional telephone, sometimes appearing as an image of a phone, with a display panel and buttons with which the user can interact.
A Softphone is usually used with a headset connected to the sound card of the PC, or with a USB phone.
A Softphone is an Application program that enables voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Telephone calls from computing devices. In the Organizations Softphones are sometimes referred to as soft clients.
Few logic for Importance of Softphones
- Softphones manage our phone calls with Native Windows and Mac Softphone.
- Softphone can be used to make and receive phone calls from your PC, Laptop, Smartphone or Tablet.
- Softphone is that we can boost our Company’s productivity and mobility while at the same time slashing telecommunications costs.
- Softphone for I phones and Ions can be switched off and receive calls with push notifications and Android users has been widely recognized all over the world.
- Softphone is a phone that we can make calls over the Internet from a computer or other smart device.
- Softphone software or application can be downloaded from a variety of providers such as Counter path or SNOM.
- Mostly cases we will find a Softphone used in conjunction with VoIP or voice over Internet Protocol.
Some Uses and Benefits of using Softphone:
- Users especially those who travel overseas ,Softphone service allows them to conveniently make calls from their Smart phones and Laptops ,saving them the hassle and expense of using a hotel phone or roaming an a cell phone.
- Using of Softphones is well suited for small and medium size businesses that save money by cutting their ties with expensive traditional phone companies.
- Using of Softphones does not require expensive hardware which needs to be maintained Softphones are inexpensive and easy to upgrade.
- The main advantage of using of Softphone is that there is not any wire hanging around or hardware.